Help at hand
Where can we turn if needing extra help for ourselves or those we love? Below are some contacts.
Mental health support
Supportive tools like the Stay Alive app, a free suicide prevention pocket resource, can also help individuals that are struggling to cope. It contains tips and practical steps to help support someone feeling suicidal as well as local mental health and suicide prevention information.
To talk to a professional, call Coventry and Warwickshire’s local mental health helpline for free on 0800 616 171, provided by Mental Health Matters.
Local and national mental health support and helplines:
- NHS Mental Health Crisis service: 0300 200 0011, free 24/7 service
- Coventry Safe Haven: 6-11pm every day; 07921 876065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Warwickshire Safe Haven: 6-11pm every day; 02477 714554/07970 042270 or email email@example.com
- Coventry and Warwickshire Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service, call 024 7667 1090
- Togetherall Support Network is an anonymous online mental health and wellbeing service that combines the online forum element where people can support one another, as well as 24/7/365 clinical support and creative tools, resources and courses. Available for residents in both Coventry and Warwickshire.
- Samaritans call 116 123
- Papyrus Hopeline UK suicide prevention helpline: call 0800 068 4141 or text 07860 039967
- Every Mind Matters NHS mental health support website
CWRise provide mental health support for young people in Coventry and Warwickshire.
For anyone under 18 experiencing a mental health crisis, contact the RISE Crisis team by freephone 08081 966798 (select Option 2). During the COVID-19 response, this is service is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, with an advice-only service outside the core hours of 8am-8pm.
The following local and national mental health support and helplines are also available aimed at children and young people:
- Dimensions Tool offers immediate tailored self-help support and signposting to local services.
- ChatHealth is a free service that enables 11 – 18 year olds across Coventry and Warwickshire to send confidential SMS text messages to School Nurses who will provide impartial advice and support. For Warwickshire, text 07507 331 525. For Coventry, text 07507 331 949
- Childline call 0800 1111
- Crisis Messenger: text YM to 85258
Barnados are able to provide individual ‘parenting support’ services for families throughout pregnancy up to the age 2 of the child. During lockdown there will be someone there to answer your call. Stratford: 01789 266624. You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com as managers of the Children and Family Centre services for advice or support.
Support for children or adults with a learning disability
The ILEAP Charity (www.ileap.co.uk) are a local Charity that provide fun and creative leisure activities for children and adults with additional needs.
Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV) Residents
SUPPORT HOTLINE - 0800 408 1447
Monday to Thursday - 9am to 5pm
Friday - 9am to 4.30pm
Saturday - 9am to 3pm
Sunday - 10am to 1pm